Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Little Dishes

Hello lovely peeps

Have any of you seen this sweet little dish tutorial from A Spoonful Of Sugar?
I've seen a few of these popping up around blogland so maybe you have.  I decided to make myself some and I have to say I can't imagine my sewing table without them now. I use them to hold my wonder clips, my pattern weights (yes, I use pound coins as pattern weights. Can you spy them?), my trimmings and threads and just about anything small that might roll away or get knocked about. Even my husband nicks them at times to use when he plays board games for all of the little pieces and 'meeples' (get me, I know some board game jargon).

here's mine

sewing notion dishes


charm square dishes


stacked dishes
look, stackable.


I love them. They are so easy to make and really useful. Double bonus.

I have another project to make using this tutorial. My brother recently got married in Italy which meant very few family and friends from Britain could attend so we are throwing another reception party for them over here. It's going to start with afternoon tea. I love afternoon tea. Sandwiches followed by cake then scones and cream then flapjack or other biscuits and lots and lots of tea. Bliss.

We'll need some little dishes for the tables.
Here's a sneak peak at my progress so far



green fabric rectangles

All cut out and ready to sew.

                                                                     *B*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments